Map decoding in President
Revision as of 15:24, 6 March 2009 by Tepples (New page: President's architecture is heavily inspired by that of ''Super Mario Bros.'' (SMB1). == President compared to SMB1 == Like SMB1: *Map is composed of "objects". *Map is decoded to 8-bit m...)
President's architecture is heavily inspired by that of Super Mario Bros. (SMB1).
President compared to SMB1
- Map is composed of "objects".
- Map is decoded to 8-bit metatile entries in a 2-screen-wide sliding window.
- Layer of "clouds"
- The camera can move freely in the sliding window.
- Each map has a 32-entry directory containing the length of the start data
- When a block is destroyed in one of the 512 columns of a map, a bit in a destruction buffer.
- A Markov chain supports efficient decoding of objects taller than one block.