Interwiki table maintenance
Are you running some kind of script to validate the interwiki configuration? If so, it would be nice to post the code publicly, as long as the license is at least as Free as the rest of the wiki. --Eighty5cacao (talk) 00:47, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- It's not scripted. I'm just following a random IW link and seeing if it responds. (And now that you're aware of this project, I can RCC what I've done so far.) --Tepples (talk) 00:52, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- It doesn't look like you've RCC'd anything yet. Should I do so myself? I assume that RCC of interwiki maintenance should be subject to the same 24-hour delay as RCC of spam posts; does this make sense? --Eighty5cacao (talk) 04:03, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
index.php?diff= gives internal error on user scripts and stylesheets
For example, Special:Diff/15702 (which redirects to
https://pineight.com/mw/index.php?diff=15702, an edit to User:Eighty5cacao/common.js) and Special:Diff/15139 (which redirects to
https://pineight.com/mw/index.php?diff=15139, an edit to User:Eighty5cacao/common.css) show:
MediaWiki internal error.
Exception caught inside exception handler.Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.
The longer URLs for the same edits,
https://pineight.com/mw/index.php?title=User:Eighty5cacao/common.css&diff=15139&oldid=15111, work fine.
- Can you get it to happen for any pages that aren't user CSS or user JS? If not, it's probably the same problem as User talk:Tepples/Archive 7#Extensions causing problems with user script and stylesheet pages?. When I get a chance to use the computer on which
LocalSettings.phpis maintained, I'll try to find time to disable TwitterCards on all diff pages. --Tepples (talk) 18:17, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- I have excluded TwitterCards from pageviews containing a nonempty
diffquery parameter. But for anything more substantial, I'll first need to dig up which computer has my hosting provider credentials so I can upgrade PHP from 5.6 to 7.x and then upgrade MediaWiki to latest stable. --Tepples (talk) 02:09, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Archive Team now supports HTTPS
NESdev issues, March 2018
RPG assets by Chasersgaming
The link from this thread that you posted here needs to be fixed to point to
https://chasersgaming.itch.io/tile-set-pack-7-nes (determined by carefully examining Chasersgaming's full list of projects for those that specifically mention NES).
The original link currently returns 404 with what looks like a standard itch.io error page; please let me know if I need to describe the symptom in more detail. --Eighty5cacao (talk) 05:31, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Both the old link and the new link work for me at the moment. Thank you for suggesting an addition to nesdev:Placeholder graphics. --Tepples (talk) 15:06, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
The end of Recent Changes Cleanup
I seek to upgrade to MediaWiki 1.30 until such time as I can switch my hosting to PHP 7. But mediawikiwiki:Extension:Recent Changes Cleanup states that the extension is no longer maintained, and the archived version states that the extension no longer works with any supported version of MediaWiki. This means RCC will cease to be available on this wiki sometime between now and the end of August. --Tepples (talk) 02:55, 18 August 2018 (UTC)