User talk:Eighty5cacao/misc/Requested TCRF edits
Wii vs. WiiWare
Perhaps the hard distinction between Wii disc games and WiiWare games was intended for the era when consoles shipped with a fairly small HDD or NAND flash memory. Wii disc games could be 4 GB, or more than that with two layers. WiiWare games, by contrast, were limited to about 40 MB because of the 512 MB capacity of Wii NAND and the fact that games stored on SD in Wii Menu 4.x had to be temporarily copied to NAND to run. Compare "Xbox Live Arcade" games for Xbox 360 and "PlayStation minis" games for PlayStation 3, which were also much smaller in data than same-console disc games because of limited storage. In addition, the Wii Shop Channel service has since shut down. --Tepples (talk) 14:28, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- tcrf:Category:WiiWare games already exists, and I am not disputing whether it should exist. The problem I was originally reporting is that article titles have not been consistently disambiguated; there are articles titled
Mega Man 9 (Wii)but also Toki Tori (WiiWare).
- For the download services on Microsoft or Sony consoles, there appear to be no subcategories, and only the base platform's name is used as a disambiguator. --Eighty5cacao (talk) 15:06, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- Apologies if this page counts as a breaching experiment, but I thought I specifically said I didn't need or want your help. (Yes, I know that edit summary said "passing these along," as in communicating, but it also applies to directly performing any of the moves or other edits.)
- I should be able to find some reasonable means of contact well before that, within about a year, assuming TCRF's associated forum (jul.rustedlogic.net) is still extant and hasn't imposed draconian registration requirements.
- Only "Page moves" and "Policy discussions" are important. I am no longer maintaining the sections about article content, and "Page moves" should be >95% done assuming no poorly-behaved TCRF user mass-creates articles at inaccurate titles. --Eighty5cacao (talk) 02:20, 25 May 2019 (UTC) (+ 23:39, 26 May 2019 (UTC))
- Don't worry. The reason has nothing to do with you and everything to do with Concentration Room. --Tepples (talk) 18:07, 28 May 2019 (UTC)