Revision as of 17:43, 16 July 2018 by Tepples (Moron in a hurry, edibles, Cracklin' Oat Bran, Tetris Attack, Link's Awakening)
Several products have names that may mislead a person with mild intellectual disability in a hurry, making them fodder for jokes.
- No coke in Coke
- Coca-Cola eliminated cocaine in 1903. The United States sued over this misbranding in United States v. Forty Barrels & Twenty Kegs of Coca-Cola.
- No crack in Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal
- Crack is freebase cocaine.
- No E in E-cigarettes
- E, short for Ecstasy, is slang for methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA). The only drug in vape liquid is nicotine if that.
- No hash in hash browns
- Hash, short for hashish, is a product derived from cannabis.
- Your PCP won't prescribe PCP
- Phencyclidine, also called PCP or angel dust, is a street drug. U.S. law allows your primary care provider and other licensed physicians to prescribe drugs off-label, that is, for purposes other than those currently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), provided that they have an approved use. They cannot prescribe drugs in Schedule I, which contains psychoactive drugs with no approved use. The usefulness of existing regulation of Schedule I drugs is disputed, as it makes research into possible medical uses of Schedule I drugs cost-prohibitive.
- No pot in pot pie or pot roast
- Pot is slang for cannabis, a substance banned in many places. Though it can be baked into pies, it unfortunately usually is not.
- No smack in Honey Smacks cereal
- Smack is slang for Heroin (diamorphine), an opioid that was moved to U.S. Schedule I after opioids purported to be safer entered the market.
- No Special K in Special K cereal
- Special K is slang for ketamine, a tranquilizer.
- No pot or stickers in potstickers
- A prepared meal marketed for adults is unlikely to contain stickers or other premiums to encourage purchase for children.
- You can't watch any dogs in Watch Dogs
- Though Watch Dogs is from the publisher of the awful game Puppy Palace, Watch Dogs is an open-world third-person shooter video game about a computer intruder.
- No four of anything in Tetris Attack
- The "tetr-" prefix misleads people who would buy Tetris Attack thinking it was Tetris Battle Gaiden instead of reskinned Panel de Pon.
- No Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- The princess of Hyrule doesn't appear in the game at all. Instead, the chick is Marin and the objective is to wake some Wind Fish.
- Austin Hodgens. "Stoners Bummed Over Harsh Reality About Turkey Pot Pie, Dude". The Return of the Modern Philosopher, 2013-11-24. Accessed 2018-07-16.
- Lucas M. Thomas. "Puppy Palace Review". IGN, 2008-02-26. Accessed 2017-02-24.