User:Eighty5cacao/misc/Mashup ideas for StepMania simfiles
This is a list of musical mashups on which I will consider working at some point in the future. (It won't be any time soon.)
Inclusion on this page is not a claim of any particular licensing status or fair-use rationale, nor will completed mashups necessarily be uploaded to this wiki.
TODO: Listen to some of Stefani Germanotta's works from before she was known as Lady Gaga.
- 1 Demos for Songs that sound alike
- 2 Demos for Songs that sound alike (video games)
- 3 Both or neither
- 3.1 Fukkireta MAXX
- 3.2 Jigga Jigga! (First Degree Mix)
- 3.3 KalimbaKraft 431
- 3.4 That's How Love Moves (Euphorium.EXE Edit)
- 3.5 Through the Honey and Punch (Lockjaw Edit)
- 3.6 Untitled (tentatively "CacaoMix" series)
- 3.7 Untitled (Elecman)
- 3.8 Untitled (Gallantry)
- 3.9 Untitled (IceCap Zone)
- 3.10 Untitled (Into the Night)
- 3.11 Untitled (neogenesis)
- 3.12 Untitled (ResuRection)
- 4 Similar in titles only
- 5 Footnotes
Demos for Songs that sound alike
Just Dance Tetralogy
- Lady Gaga - Just Dance
- Ke$ha - Tik Tok
- Katy Perry - California Gurls
- Miley Cyrus - Permanent December
See also other people's trilogies: without "Permanent December," without "Permanent December," and without "Just Dance." (The last of these is already on the mainspace article; the others should go there eventually.)
Demos for Songs that sound alike (video games)
TODO: Content removed in this edit should be moved here
196 BPM Megamix
Alternative title: Tough Enough -Monolithic Vision-
At least 3 min long
- Naoki Maeda (as DE-SIRE) - Healing Vision
Note: "Healing Vision (Angelic Mix)" displays better similarities with "Monolith." It is a remix by Yuichi Asami (as 2MB)
- Vanilla Ninja - Tough Enough
- Affinity - Monolith
- Elton John - All the Girls Love Alice
- TaQ - Radical Faith
- Buckethead - Jordan
TODO: Disconnected vs. Trap Queen (but see below)
Both or neither
Section was formerly titled "Personal use"; current title means "For each entry, both or neither STSA and/nor STSA-vg apply, or the similarity is not sufficient to justify the creation of a demo."
The songs in each entry are in no particular order; that is, the order listed below does not necessarily represent the order the songs would be played within an actual mashup.
Brain dump: *"The Promised Land (of Bagpipes)" - Lagoona vs. A-Moe; *"Blood Lullaby (Xtra Noise Mix)" - Sanxion7 vs. Suzanne Vega; *whatever fits with "We Didn't Start the Fire"; "LOVE 321 SHINE" (LOVE heart SHINE vs. 321 Stars); KaW - Take Me Back vs. Pendulum - Watercolour (2010)  (maybe also throw in neogenesis on this one?); "BOYS (Super-Euro-Me Mix)" (BOYS (Euro Mix) vs. MAX 300 (Super-Max-Me Mix)); "The 1-2-3-4-007 Jump"; "Dancinghog" (Dancingbox [by Modeselektor] vs. Groundhog [by Noisia]); TODO something with Beverly Hills 90210, Beverly Hills Cop (Axel F), and Moon Patrol; "Insane Machine" (Becoming Insane [by Infected Mushroom] vs. Return of the Machines [by Oforia])
(* indicates already on investigation page)
"Fukkireta" is the name of an Internet meme based on the song おちゃめ機能 (Ochame Kinou, lit. "Mischievous function") (artist info needed) Until I get around to explaining further, refer to the aforementioned KnowYourMeme article.
TODO: Longer version exists (linked separately because it's not in the KnowYourMeme article); make both short and long versions of the mashup?
The "MAXX" part is MAXX UNLIMITED.
TODO: Also work Smash Mouth's "All Star" into this
TODO: Similarities with CANDY✩ and Pachelbel's Canon, both of which are dubious and evident primarily in the instrumental version
Jigga Jigga! (First Degree Mix)
Currently, this has no relation to Bananarama's song "Love in the First Degree." However, "What Do You Want from Me?" contains the phrase "love in the first degree" in its lyrics.
Explaining the title joke: 400 + 24 (as in the 24 Effects from Yume Nikki) + 7 (as in Windows 7)
- David Whittaker - Star Dust (from Lazy Jones) / Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400
- kikiyama - KALIMBA
- Mr. Scruff - Kalimba
That's How Love Moves (Euphorium.EXE Edit)
- Faith Hill - That's How Love Moves
- DM Ashura - Euphorium
- FIXME (as Mr.T) - EXE
- Akira Yamaoka - i feel...
Through the Honey and Punch (Lockjaw Edit)
Probably a Long Version. One of the comparisons is from STSA and the other is from STSA-vg; this is here because it seemed better than making two copies for the sections above.
The title in a simfile should probably be written
Through the HONEY and PUNCH with
(Lockjaw Edit) possibly as a subtitle, to match the official DDR capitalization of HONEY PUNCH.
- Dave Wise - Lockjaw's Saga
- Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
- Riyu Kosaka - Honey Punch
Untitled (tentatively "CacaoMix" series)
(probably better to call this "Ymix")
Compare the "Xmix" series from DDR X. These will all be Long Versions.
All songs are from official DDR or ITG games unless otherwise stated. These are based more on "themes" than on any real similarity between the songs, though the aforementioned "196 BPM Megamix" could be made a member of this series.
- Telecom (Operator, Telephone Operator, Disconnected...)
- Series of Tubes (WWW.BLONDE GIRL, Online [ITG3], Less Than Three (Ricardo Autobahn Remix) by Becky [ITG3/Universe 3])) – or "Telecom part 2"?
- Overly Attached (see the songs used in this video by Laina "Overly Attached Girlfriend" Morris, but use slightly more of each song, again combining them in a way similar to the official Xmixes)
- Angular Momentum (Spin the disc, While Tha Rekkid Spinz, Spin Chicken, Polar 240 [by ParagonX9]) – the name is inspired by Xmix4 (Linear Momentum)
Why "Polar 240"? (1) Polar coordinate system; (2) It sounds like something from the Castlevania series, and "Xmix4 (Linear Momentum)" contains "Bloody Tears (IIDX Edition)."
- Memetic Motorsport Mutation (The Race, Drivin', Stop! & Go [ITG3/PIUPRO], Freeway Shuffle, Running in the 90's, Red Zone, SigSig, smooooch)
|Notes: Memetic Motorsport Mutation|
Don't use "Second Heaven," except possibly in a further-extended version of this mashup, since it is already in an official Xmix. Aside from avoiding redundancy, prefer to include only songs that (a) plausibly have a speed/automotive theme or (b) are notable in communities that document Internet memes and/or play rhythm games.
Did the use of "Sweet World" in GEICO commercials ever produce a meme?
- Journey - Faithfully
- ABBA - The Winner Takes It All
- Mega Man 1 Elecman theme
Tentative title: Gallantry (Perpetual Lemming Counter Attack)
- Bee Gees - New York Mining Disaster 1941
- Akira Satoh(?) - Gallantry
- Brian Johnston(?) - Lemming(s) 3
- KaW - Dawn (Perpetual Mix)
Untitled (IceCap Zone)
TODO: A mashup this big needs more detailed explanations; cf. User:Tepples/Mash-up ideas
- The Jetzons - Hard Times
- Michael Jackson - Who Is It
- IceCap Zone Act 1
- Sanxion7 - Midnight of the North
- Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
- The Cardigans - My Favourite Game (see also Natalie Browne version)
- Madonna - Die Another Day
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (due mainly to similarities with "My Favourite Game")
- Oforia feat. Bwicked - Return of the Machines (due mainly to similarities with "My Favourite Game")
Untitled (Into the Night)
- Benny Mardones - Into the Night
- Phil Collins - One More Night
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Trisha Yearwood - How Do I Live (?)
- Mega Man 10 Wily stage 1
- DM Ashura - neogenesis
- ABBA - Lay All Your Love On Me
- Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom – slightly similar to "Lay All Your Love On Me," not so much to "neogenesis" itself
- The Eagles - Hotel California
- Billy Joel - Piano Man
- Faith Hill - The Hard Way
- PPK - ResuRection (also incorporate original Siberiade theme?)
- PPK - Reload
- KaW - Kagami
- Lily Allen - Not Fair
Ideally, I would rearrange "Kagami" using the instrumentation from "ResuRection" and "Reload." However, I have neither the time nor the money to put any substantial effort into this.
Similar in titles only
If anything, these could form interesting courses, perhaps Xmix-style nonstop megamixes with scripted mods. See also similar ideas above.
- "Bla Blah": "Bla Bla Bla" by Gigi D'Agostino; "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$ha
- "Castle(s) in the Sky": DJ Satomi; Ian Van Dahl
- "Despacito": Rasel; Luis Fonsi (article about song)
- "Disconnected": Kyle Ward (as Inspector K); Alexander Odden and Michael Parsberg (as Pegboard Nerds) (also stuff "Trap Queen" into this somehow?)
- "Drifting Away": Lange feat. Skye; Filo Bedo (this might have "some" musical similarities...)
- "Energizer": Kyle Ward and/or Chris Foy? (as ZiGZaG); NU NRG (sometimes misattributed to Ziggy X; maybe spelled "Energize"?)
- "Hyper Hyper": Scooter (article about song); Kyle Ward (as ☺)
- "Less than Three": Becky; We Are the Physics
- "Paradox(x)": 666; Kyle Ward (as KaW)
- "Silikon World": "Silicon World" by Eiffel 65; "Silikon" by Modeselektor
- "Smoke on the Water": Red Foley (article about song); Deep Purple (article about song)
- "Supremacy": Kyle Ward (as KaW); Muse
- "The legend of Jumping" (and/or the original Cha Cha Slide) vs.
House of Pain - Jump Around vs.
(Gammer vs. Diplo/Whizzkid(?)) - Jump (the word "motherf*cker" should be censored) vs.
Van Halen - Jump (see also remix by Bus*Stop) vs.
The Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
Suggested banner and/or default background image is the title screen of Jumping (a bootleg version of Rainbow Islands)
- "Ti Sento": Matia Bazar (article about song); Luciano Ligabue
- Explaining the joke: The non-Japanese arcade releases of Chase H.Q. contain a "Bear down" voice sample. (The entry itself is a serious idea, not a pure joke.)
- Fukkireta (吹っ切れた) | Know Your Meme Originally by "Lamaze-P"/"Gojimaji-P"; need further investigation as to the notability of creators of cover versions
- Kyle Ward has officially denied being ZiGZaG, but the ZiGZaG song "Pandemonium" contains a drum track similar to that from the KaW song "Indulgence" (i.e., one song is potentially a remake of the other). On Kyle Ward's personal blog (which may no longer exist - TODO), a commenter speculated that ZiGZaG may instead be Chris Foy, another ITG developer.
- For example, see Fraxtil's simfile from the Tsunamix III pack, the Single Easy chart of which doesn't involve any actual jumps... Another simfile author made a conscious decision to use mines instead of actual jumps when the lyrics say "jump"; that simfile does contain real jumps elsewhere.
- Yes, I'm aware that the B-side is titled "House of Pain."