User:Eighty5cacao/misc/Computer maintenance to address elsewhere
- If you can't find what you are looking for here, it is probably in the archive.
This page contains miscellaneous software and website bugs that I am currently too busy to report through the official channels.
Skype for Windows (version 8)
- Spell-checking issues:
- "ok" is flagged as a misspelling but doesn't give the correctly-capitalized "OK" as a suggestion.
- TODO: Describe overly nitpicky attitude toward compound words such as "tradeoff."
- "iPad," "iPhone," and "iPod" are recognized, but not "iMessage" or "iMac" even when correctly capitalized.
- (A lot more I've already reported in the official feedback system)
- The words "metrology" and "sanitizer" don't seem to be in the dictionary used.
- Anything that looks like an URL should probably be ignored; it currently isn't. Was this always an issue?
- The abbreviation "msg" is flagged, perhaps because it is assumed to be a miscapitalization of "MSG" (as in monosodium glutamate), but its plural "msgs" seems to be accepted as a valid word. (TODO: Similarly inconsistent attitude toward other informal language)
- The word "hols" (a British abbreviation for "holidays") is accepted, even though in American English it is almost always a typo for "hold."
Please consider integrating with Windows 10's system-wide spell checker, or at least respect the toggle that allows it to be disabled.
AGDQ VOD Thread 2019 and SGDQ VOD Thread 2019 (URL not handy) have links to Internet Archive items which are broken because Games Done Quick stopped uploading to the Internet Archive after SGDQ 2017. Presumably this issue also existed for the 2018 GDQs, but I never verified those links. Whatever redditor maintains these threads should remove this line from their template.