Talk:Main Page/Archive 2
- For older discussions, see Talk:Main Page/Archive 1.
You seem to be archiving this talk page based purely on time rather than requiring a certain minimum length before archiving. Could you clarify what exactly your policy is and why? Eighty5cacao 17:50, 16 July 2011 (MST)
- I've been doing it based on three months. A lot of archiving bots on Wikipedia likewise appear to archive by time. --Tepples 19:26, 16 July 2011 (MST)
- Perhaps I was not clear: Why not use a policy that considers both time and text length? It seemed to me a little counterproductive to archive the lone comment that was here previously without waiting for another, three months old as it may have been. We aren't bots after all... Eighty5cacao 19:53, 16 July 2011 (MST)
In other words, I advise against archiving this section until three months have passed and a new section has been started by a legitimate user (as opposed to a spambot). Eighty5cacao 19:13, 8 September 2011 (MST)
To join an existing thread - wrong?
"To join an existing thread, click the  link at the side" ... but no such links appear for me when I am looking at Talk:Main Page itself, as opposed to its /current subpage. Possibly because I am not an admin on this wiki and the protection status of Talk:Main Page is what the MediaWiki software is taking into account? Presumably any other user could have this problem. Eighty5cacao 14:06, 4 October 2011 (MST)
- Is this any better? --Tepples 16:25, 4 October 2011 (MST)
- Ok, I suppose that works. Eighty5cacao 17:28, 4 October 2011 (MST)
I get some sort of PHP error when trying to do anything cute: "Fatal error: Call to undefined method WebRequest::getIP() in .../extensions/ConfirmEdit/Captcha.php on line 202" Might this fix work? --18.104.22.168 09:21, 27 June 2012 (MST)