File:GB crash dump.png
What a crash dump on a Game Boy might look like, drawn by Damian Yerrick on 2018-05-10.
PLS SEND A PIC OF THIS SCREEN TO US RST 38 AF:3210 BANK:01,8,E BC:4567 DE:89AB HL:C2E6 VIEW:C2E6 0123 4567 89AB CDEF >3210 7654 BA98 FEDC 0123 4567 89AB CDEF SP:CDFE VIEW:CDFE 0123 4567 89AB CDEF -3210 7654 BA98 FEDC 0123 4567 89AB CDEF STAT:C0 P1:7E IE:07 BUILD:01 MODEL:01
Explanation of each field:
- RST 38
- Name of the error condition leading to a crash dump
- AF, BC, DE, HL, SP
- CPU registers
- ROM, RAM, and video memory bank switch values
- STAT, P1, IE
- Values of some I/O ports
- The areas around HL and SP are scrollable. The arrow points to which 16-bit word is at the address in VIEW. The heavy and light arrows show which of the two is currently chosen for scrolling.
- The ROM revision
- Result of feature detection of emulator quirks
The background tile map is scrolled 4 pixels to help keep the information away from shadows that might darken the screen edges.
License: Creative Commons Zero (dedicated to public domain by the author)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||00:46, 11 May 2018||160 × 144 (913 bytes)||Tepples||what the heck is this "thumbnail" bullcrap that gimp 2.10 saves?|
|00:37, 11 May 2018||160 × 144 (24 KB)||Tepples||Fix confusion between P1 (for reading keypresses) and KEY1 (for changing CPU speed)|
|17:09, 10 May 2018||160 × 144 (903 bytes)||Tepples||What a crash dump on a Game Boy might look like, drawn by Damian Yerrick on 2018-05-10. <pre> PLS SEND A PIC OF THIS SCREEN TO US RST 38 AF:3210 BANK:01,8,E BC:4567 DE:89AB HL:C2E6 VIEW:C2E6 0123 4567 89AB CDEF >3210 7654 BA9...|
- You cannot overwrite this file.