From Pin Eight
Camp_2009-12-09.png (320 × 240 pixels, file size: 5 KB, MIME type: image/png)
How do I made artifacts?
The procedure in GIMP is not exact, but it gives a feeling of the NTSC NES's screen texture:
- Take screenshot in an emulator.
- Resize to 512x448, 512x480, etc. using None (that is, nearest neighbor) interpolation. Each NES pixel should become a 2x2 pixel square.
- Pad to 560x480.
- Filters > Distorts > Video, 3x3, additive off, rotated off
- Filters > Generic > Convolution, middle row [0 1 1 1 0], divisor 1
- Filters > Blur > Pixelize, width 1, height 2 (to simulate field blurring)
- Resize to 640x480 using linear interpolation.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:30, 9 December 2009||320 × 240 (5 KB)||Tepples||Screenshot of codename Camp, a homebrew NES game by User:Tepples, as of 2009-12-09. Made with FCE Ultra and played with in GIMP to simulate TV artifacts and aspect.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)