- For other meanings, see Wikipedia:Concentration (disambiguation).
Concentration Room is a homebrew NES game.
____________________________ Once upon a time in the Third Realm from the Sun, a team of biochemists were perfecting a truth serum. Codenamed Pinenut, the serum was intended to make it more difficult for a detainee to keep a secret from police and to make the physical tells of deception more obvious. But a lab accident at Hombon Pharma led to the creation of a mildly neurotoxic substance. Lab assistants were exposed to this "bad batch" before it could be properly cleaned up. To make things worse, it had to happen on Bring Your Child to Work Day. The assistants and their children were put in quarantine until their bodies eliminated the toxin. It caused painful seizures until they started thinking of other things to get their mind off the pain. One of the children in quarantine was carrying a deck of Concentration cards. It worked. The more intensely they thought, the more the side effects subsided. Concentrating heavily would reduce the concentration of the toxin in brain fluid, as it bound to waste products from metabolism in the brain. Flip two cards, and if they match, you keep them. If they don't, flip them back. Good luck; you'll need it! ____________________________
Five levels of the game are "solitaire" boards with 10, 20, 36, 52, and 72 cards. The player has a limited number of misses to complete each. After a successful clear, another person in quarantine challenges the player to a match on the same size board. Lose, and the player repeats the same solitaire board; win, and the player goes go on to the next board.
- 🍎 Apple, 🍒 Cherries, Orange, 🍑 Peach, 🍐 Pear
- Preschool + Shovel, Axe, 🎣 Fishing rod, Net, Watering can
- Junior High
- 🐟 Fish, 🐞 Bug, △ Triangle, ○ Circle, ✕ Cross, □ Square, 👦 Boy, 👧 Girl, Ⓑ Coin, ☮ Peace, ☀ Sun, ☁ Cloud, ☂ Umbrella, ☃ Snowman, ★ Star, 🍍 Pineapple, 🐘 Elephant, Ⓓ Donkey
- High School
- Junior High + ♥ Hearts, ♦ Diamonds, ♠ Spades, ♣ Clubs, 💣 Bomb, ⛭ Gear, Splotch, Spring
- Lab Technician
- Elementary + High School
- 16+8 KiB NROM
- Plain-looking intro
- 36 predefined emblems on cards
- No save
room deluxe (on indefinite hiatus):
- 128 KiB SNROM
- Photos in intro
- 160 predefined emblems on cards
- Emblem editor with space for 80 emblems
- Save eight players' campaigns
If you plan on including this in a CHR RAM based multicart, beware of the CHR RAM corruption bug in version 0.02 due to incorrect shuffle markup.
To fix it, open
drawcards.s and scroll to the subroutine
blitCardSprites. One of the
--parts-- of this subroutine begins with the following lines:
lda #VBLANK_NMI sta PPUCTRL
Move these to the start of the subroutine, above the first
Thanks to 3GenGames for reporting it.